Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Starry Night Response

When I first read the poem, I though that it should have been the caption of the painting. It was describing everything in Vincent Van Gogh's painting. From the tree all the way to the wind. When I reread it, I saw it through a different lens. It was no longer a caption, it was a poem written through her eyes. Everything she felt at that moment went to her pen which then went onto paper. Her poem was filled with many things that include metaphors and figurative language.( It even left you with many questions.) I wonder why she wrote her poem the way she did. Was it meant to sound as creepy as it did? Was it her suicide letter? or did she simply see the night sky as beautiful?

Overall, I found this poem really interesting. It was mysterious and it left me thinking. (It was a poem like no other, it was unique.) I never really though about the the might sky and I liked how it went deep into the topic. Anne was able to show her emotions and feelings through her poem and I wonder if my class and I got the message she tried to give the readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment